2016 TOP 10 IN THE NATION (alphabetical order)
- 5678! - Melissa Strong
- Ashwaubenon HS - Rodney Anderson & Drew
- Champion Legacy - Angela NIeman & Ashely Ferrel
- Dragones Dream Center - Susana Reyes
- Island City - Lindsay Widzek
- Kiel HS - Alyssa Bohlmann & Martha Mahlmann
- Martin Luther HS - Ally Arnett
- MVC All Stars - Sarah Overby & Krisan Shimpa
- St. Norbert College - Ashley Hill
SEND NOMINATIONS TO:
DX Coach of the Year
- PO Box 939, Anoka, MN 55303
- subject line - COY Nomination for First Last Name
Since 1992, DX has strived to recognize coaches who inspire dancers to excel to his or her fullest potential, is an example of integrity for others to emulate, respects others in the dance industry, and conducts his or herself with exemplary professionalism with the National Coach of the Year honor. Outstanding coaches will be honored at the AmeriCup in Minneapolis, receive a prize package, and publicized nationally.
WHO SHOULD BE CONSIDERED?
Any person or persons who have contributed in a positive way to a program. It does not matter if the coach is affiliated with another organization, company, gym, or team. If multiple coaches work with your program and you want to nominate them as a group, list all their names on the form.
HOW CAN I NOMINATE MY COACH?
Remit a letter on your coach(s) behalf no later than January 1st. Feel free to share this opportunity with team members, parents, or other personnel and have them write a letter on his/her behalf. Nominations should be submitted for coaches who will be attending the DX AmeriCup this year.
WHEN IS THE ANNOUNCEMENT MADE?
The DX Coach of the Year announcement will be made during the Semi-Formal Banquet, on Saturday evening, during the DX AmeriCup Dance Championships in Minneapolis, MN. DX will recognize the Top 10 in the nation on stage.
Congratulations to past recipients!
- 1992 - Becky Burley
- 1993 - Camille Munson
- 1994 - Anne Sager
- 1995 - Melissa Keleman
- 1996 - Jody Simmons
- 1997 - Frankie Conklin
- 1998 - Angie Lund
- 1999 - Dan Sapp
- 2000 - Tranane Lessard
- 2001 - Kelly Else
- 2002 - Kerri Trombley
- 2003 - Penny Vinson
- 2004 - Elizabeth Powers
- 2005 - Erin Kelly
- 2006 - Anna Itman
- 2007 - Dan Sapp
- 2008 - Julie Gessler
- 2009 - Amanda McVeigh & Danielle Pipol
- 2010 - Theresa Kubalak
- 2011 - Jordan Jost
- 2012 - Maggie Farley & Beth DeBruin
- 2013 - Kathy Nienow
- 2014 - Lorie Evers
- 2015 - Carissa Chanos
- 2016 - Tracy Kuhn & Ashley Hoffman